The first 101 places to benefit from up to £25 million each from the Future High Streets Fund was announced over summer. The latest step of the £3.6 billion investment in towns and high streets is the selection of 20 pilot areas across England that, it is hoped, will lead the way in rejuvenating town centres following the provision of expert and tailored support from the High Streets Task Force.
14 of these 20 pilot areas were announced on 30th December.
During 2020, the Government is planning to invest hundreds of millions of the £1 billion Future High Streets Fund across the country in projects that have emerged within the initial towns already announced.
The 14 areas identified for tailored support are:
- Salford – Swinton Town Centre
- Croydon – Thornton Heath
- Staffordshire Moorlands – Cheadle
- Rushmoor – Aldershot Town Centre
- Birmingham – Stirchley
- Hyndburn – Accrington Town Centre
- South Lakeland – Kendal
- Preston – Friargate
- Coventry – Coventry City Centre
- Hartlepool – Hartlepool Town Centre
- Cheshire West and Chester – Ellesmere Port Town Centre
- Sandwell – West Bromwich Town Centre
- Knowsley – Huyton Town Centre
- Manchester – Withington District Centre
for further information click here