Why not try some of these:
- Regularly look at your business from the customers point of view, remedy any failings immediately.
- Keep your shop front well swept and free of weeds and rubbish.
- Refresh the message on your ‘A’ sign, keep it informative, clean and sensibly located.
- Display your business contact details clearly on the shop fascia or window.
- Request the window cleaner to clean the shop fascia on a regular basis. What about cleaning the insides more regularly?
- Ensure window displays are regularly changed and that the window is working for you even when the shop is closed.
- Illuminate your window effectively and keep window lighting on after the shop is closed.
- Repair light fittings immediately something goes wrong and keep bulbs to the same specification.
- Remove unnecessary notices from your shop window and door – particularly if they are promoting another business.
- Remember the age old retail adage – “EYE LEVEL IS BUY LEVEL” and use it to maximise the appeal of your window and interior displays.
Look out for more simple resolutions from ‘The Shop Doctor’ to help make your shop work harder for you in 2012.
Sometimes addressing the simplest of things can make the greatest impact.
Wishing you a Happy New Year, and let’s hope for a more prosperous one.